Work Days: TBD
Supervisor: Case Management Coordinator
The incumbent will perform duties associated with connecting individuals with natural supports and coordinate assistance to provide wrap around support services in the areas of health, wellness, housing, and self-sufficiency. Incumbent will provide services related to motivating and mitigating barriers of at-risk and homeless individuals within our service region.
Specific Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Perform client intake and assessment for a variety of Community Service Department programs
2. Determine program eligibility based on criteria established by funding sources/program
3. Work with the Case management team to determine the needs, strengths, limitations, and preferences of each client and engage in problem-solving to identify and reduce barriers to care. The navigator will educate the client and any family members on the available options for acquiring knowledge and skills for managing aspects of their life to include health, wellness, financial stability, housing, other identified needs.
4. Make appropriate referrals to in-house programs or other organizations for assistance
5. Work with Case managers to update client plans on a regular schedule to monitor progress and offer guidance and suggestions to overcome barriers to success
6. Perform Initial, exit interviews, follow up with customers
7. Assists clients in selecting housing units and provides housing support services that lead to self sufficiency
8. Enter client information in all required databases determined by funding sources
9. Maintains objective, non-judgmental case records that effectively communicate accurate and current information
10. Provides detailed feedback to Case Managers and Coordinators around significant behavioral observations, effective interventions, information received from participant during one-to-one conversations and outcomes of appointments.
11. Establish and maintain relationships within businesses, local providers, and landlords
12. Attend appropriate coalition and other community resource meetings
13. Collaborate with Coordinate supportive services with a variety of regional partners to include but not limited to the Veterans Administration, DJFS, the Juvenile Court system, schools, healthcare providers, and other service providers to maximize use of community resources
14. Support program staff and work as a team to accomplish agency, department, and daily operational program goals
15. Assist participants with items such as filling our applications, interpreting leases, understanding tenant rights and responsibilities, scheduling appointments, and addressing
16. Perform outreach services that includes street outreach throughout our homeless service region.
17. Transport participants to appointments, inspections, and meetings.
18. Perform coordinated entry services.
19. The navigator will adhere to ethical principles about confidentiality, informed consent, compliance with relevant laws, and agency policies (e.g., critical incident reporting, HIPPA, Duty to Warn).
20. Attend Trainings that may require overnight and/or out of town travel
21. Assist with grant and report preparation
22. Perform on call and client services during all shifts, including nights and weekends on an as needed basis.
23. Maintain client confidentiality
24. All other duties as assigned
1. Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate degree or like experience preferred but not required. Additional experience in healthcare field is also preferred.
2. Must have an insurable driver’s license
3. Must have reliable transportation available for use during business hours and to perform job duties.
4. Ability to remain calm under pressure and diffuse conflict situations
5. Self-starter with the ability to organize and follow through on assignments
6. Good written and oral communication skills
7. Ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written instructions
8. Must have basic math and computer skills
9. Must be able to communicate with a diverse clientele on a one to one and group setting while maintaining professional boundaries.
10. Must complete a criminal background check with no felony convictions
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced and often high-stress environment, as well as the ability to adapt quickly to workload changes
2. Ability to deal with inside and outside clientele and vendors in a diplomatic and courteous manner while assuring adherence to CAA policies/procedures
3. Above average oral, reading and writing skills to accurately operate a computer, perform necessary documentation and effectively communicate with staff, clients, customers, business partners, other CAA departments, and visitors
4. Frequent sitting, walking, and reaching
5. Occasional lifting (up to 25 lbs.), climbing, pushing, and kneeling
6. Seldom running
1. Numerous interruptions
2. Ability to remain calm and cheerful under stressful working conditions
3. 75% indoors /25% may be outdoors with exposure to odors, dirt, occasional fumes and the general public
Additional Requirements/Conditions of Employment:
1. 90-day probationary period for front line staff and 180-day probationary period for Supervisor, Managers and Directors.
2. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
3. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a drug and alcohol test.
4. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of an employee physical, including a TB test.