Joint Commission Concern Reporting

Do you have a patient safety event or concern about a
health care organization?

How do you file a concern?

The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181

What information do you need to include?
  • The name and address of the organization.
  • Tell us about your concern in one or two pages.
  • Give us your name, address or e-mail address if you would like follow-up information sent to you.
What happens to your incident?
  • We check for other patient safety events about the organization.
  • We may write to the organization about your concern.
  • Sometimes, we visit the organization to see if there is a problem in meeting the requirements that deal with your concern.
  • We will not share your name with the organization unless you say it is OK.
What can you do about concerns that The Joint Commission cannot help with?
  • You may want to talk to the organization about your concern.
  • Your state’s department of health may be able to help.