SAFE RIDING POLICIES
To ensure the safety and comfort of all riders the following standards have been established while riding on CARTS:
- Exact fares or passes are required.
- All passengers must remain seated and wear seat belts.
- Children under 40lbs OR (4) four years of age MUST be in an approved child safety seat. Children under 8 years old and 4’9″ MUST be in a booster seat. CARTS does not provide these seats.
- Smoking, eating and drinking are not allowed.
- Open alcoholic containers, firearms, explosive materials and weapons are prohibited on vehicles.
- Rude, vulgar language or aggressive actions that are offensive to the driver or other riders will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave the vehicle and suspended from CARTS.
- Children under the age of 12 must be escorted by an adult.
- Bags transported by CARTS are limited to (6) six standard size grocery bags per passenger. The first (3) three bags are free and there is a $.50 fee per additional bag. If you require assistance, please ask your driver and they can assist you, however, they can not lose sight of their vehicle.
- Passengers wishing to cancel are required to call the CARTS office at least two hours before scheduled pickup time. Passengers that do not call will be logged in as a No Show.
- To increase our ability to serve you, your trip will be combined with other scheduled trips. In this manner CARTS is able to take more riders where they want to go.
- CARTS is not responsible for items left behind, lost or stolen articles.