Community Service Block Grant
The Community Action Agency of Columbiana County, Inc. administers the Community Service Block Grant (CSBG). CAA surveys local social service providers, the community, and customers of the programs administrated by the organization to determine the needs of the community and the individuals we serve. This information is used to create a plan to support programs and initiatives that address these needs and build a stronger community.
Funding is provided through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Community Services.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY SERVICES BLOCL GRANT
The Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) provides funds to alleviate the causes and conditions of poverty in communities.
CSBG funding supports projects that:
- Lessen poverty in communities
- Address the needs of low-income individuals including the homeless, migrants and the elderly
- Provide services and activities addressing employment, education, better use of available income, housing, nutrition, emergency services and/or health
With the support of CSBG funding, states and CAAs work together to achieve the following goals for low-income individuals:
- Increased self-sufficiency
- Improved living conditions
- Ownership of and pride in their communities
- Strong family and support systems
Working together, agencies increase their capacity to achieve results. Partnerships among supporters and providers of services play a large role in the successful implementation of CSBG grants.
Call (330)424-4013 for more information